CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

WELCOME TO CHITTY MALAY

Do you know about Chitty Malay? If yes, how much do you know about it? Come and spend some time to browse through the links that we've provided. Our blog provides lengthy information about the beautiful culture and language of Chitty Malay.

For any inquiries and information don't hesitate to contact us.
Suggestions are also welcome...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

CMC Reflection : Rahimah Abd Rashid

Dr. Rozina assigned us the toughest assignment on earth which is summarization on journal article upon synchronous mediated communication and we also have to provide our point of view upon the context of language learning in Malaysia. Firstly, we have to look for the suitable journal to be summarized. Next the hardest thing to do was to wait outside her office just to get her approval. I have arrived around 4.30 pm and she came in the office around 5.30 pm. Dr. Rozina complained to me saying she was very busy the whole day and that very moment she told me she's having a vertigo. i decided to go back to my room however she was so kind to checked on my journal before giving approval. Indeed I was so happy to see her even though I have other assignment and presentation to do. Luckily one of the journals chosen got the approval from Dr. Rozina. She asked me to post my title and the name of the researcher in our ENGL4740 forum. This is to ensure,that there will be no duplicate of journals before we started on with our summaring process.


Besides that, Dr. Rozina makes it even tougher for us by asking us to look for 3 pages of chat transcript. I have went to several chatrooms to participate in the chatting programme. However, the transcript was not reliable because they are discussing about politics, sex and religion. Luckily i found the most simple chat room whereby i do not have to sign in for member. All i have to do was create a nick name and join the group. I have chosen the entertainment room and focused on movies. It was very terrible and awkward moment because nobody pay attentioned to me. Nevertheless, with my magic touch on communication, i have succeded to manipulate the chat room ;) Fellow friends can give it a try to chat at www.icq.com.


To tell you the truth, I have plenty of time to complete my work however I am a "LAST MINUTE" person. Two days before the date of submission, i started with the introduction part of the journal summary. Next, i moved to the methodologies and during this part i faced severe problem. The journal i have chosen does not provide direct information of what i wanted to use. I have to schemed down the journal and understand what Dr. Rozina wanted. After that, I successfully lay down each and every single information she wanted. Before 1 hour of submission, I have indeed compiled all the tasks given ;) weeeeeeeee


The tough tasks helped a lot in understanding the course i am doing now. Thanks to Dr. Rozina who helped me a lot, Sister Amira who also helped me by asking me to see Dr. Rozina for further details ;) and last but not least to my fellow friends...thanks a lot ;)


0 comments: