CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

WELCOME TO CHITTY MALAY

Do you know about Chitty Malay? If yes, how much do you know about it? Come and spend some time to browse through the links that we've provided. Our blog provides lengthy information about the beautiful culture and language of Chitty Malay.

For any inquiries and information don't hesitate to contact us.
Suggestions are also welcome...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

CMC Reflection: Nur Ira Fathihah

Upon receiving the CMC assignment from Dr. Rozina in Comp App class, I was very much frustrated by it. This is because the assignment acquires me to read a research journal and summarize it in my own word which is something I'm not good at. Especially when I had an experience in doing this sort of work before and I scored somewhat terribly. However, I have to accept the assignment as a challenge for me to work even harder and to improve myself to become better equipped.

The first stage of the assignment, I have to search for a suitable research article on Synchronous CMC and I find it quite hard to find one as it acquires you to scan through the whole research article to find the right one that Dr. Rozina will approve of. At first, I had found my first article and straight away went to see Dr. Rozina for her approval but to my dismay, the article is not the right one as it is about language learning through SCMC but it is just a research on something else. So I continue on searching on the internet until my friend, Afrah, introduced me to this one website which holds various kind of research article online on language learning using computer. Right after that, I found my perfect article from the website and Dr. Rozina also approves of it which makes me so relief and happy.

To summarize the article, I have to read it two to three time to actually understand what the article is all about since there are a lot of jargons used in the article that can make me confused a lot. Thank God Dr. Rozina has laid down the guidelines of what the write on the summary or I'll be lost in that article full of facts and figures. After knowing what to write about, I just paraphrase the contents required for the summary. Eventhough it looks kind of hard at first, after having done it, I felt it is quite easy. Then for relating the findings with the language learning context in Malaysia, I also did it with ease as the topic is something I'm familiarize with. I just write whatver comes out from my mind.

The second task is to analyze a chat transcript of a bout 3 pages long which we have to provide ourselve. I was having a hard time trying to produce a chat transcript in English 3 pages long since I'm not a frequent user of chat. I did try many chat rooms to start a conversation on whatever that is interesting but a lot of the chatters were not co-operative and they seldom talk about inappropriate things that I don't think allowed to be inserted in my analysis. After many attempts, I finally got to chat with a group of people in an English chat room in icq.com discussing about music. I find it interesting to be able to talk with strangers. Then the transcript is used to analyze the usage of turn taking in chatting. I'm really not a good analyzer but I do try to be good at it. I hope what I've done is good enough for Dr. Rozina.

Alhamdullilah the assignment is done and submitted right on time. I'm very happy with my writing and I don't regret on doing what I did on the assignment. I would not wish to change anything on the assignment as I think I did quite good on it and I could only hope that Dr. Rozina is satisfied with it. I hope the assignment I made meets Dr. Rozina's requirements.

0 comments: